Data is abundant, but the challenge for the government is how and where to implement Artificial Intelligence capabilities to make an immediate impact. Although AI in the public sector is in its infancy stage, the widespread application of this machine learning tools that yield data-driven results and help maximize ROI and can make a difference for the government functions. There are some more ways you can find to make use of AI in the public sector and reap the immediate results.
Incredible AI Applications In Public Sectors
Yes, it is true you need a robust IT infrastructure to implement the AI models, which is expensive right at the moment. But, you can find real opportunities that matter. As AI possibilities are peeping through the hole, the public sector needs to make the right decisions to reap its benefits.
i. Predicting Social Unrest and Geopolitical Events
We can illustrate social unrest for religious reasons dated back to 2002, which is known as the infamous Gujarat Riots. This religious-based unrest caused massive damage to businesses, properties and lives.
Imagine another recent event. The tension between the USA and Iran. Where could it lead to? The geopolitical crisis between these two countries is at rife, which is going to impact the other countries too in the next two months. But, the impact may be even worse in the coming months. Maybe, wider war with Iran.
Had it not been in the Information age, it would have been tough to predict the retaliatory steps from both nations. And for human analysts, they could have missed important signs.
Here is AI. We can certainly predict some events about the current situations and forecast social unrest and instability prior to three to five days ago. The most striking thing about AI is that it can derive insights into disparate social data and predict what might happen next. The technology uses deep and machine learning to extracts patterns and dynamics, and anticipate future threats. So, by leveraging open source data sets from surveillance, it parses data and prepares for riots and political unrest in the society.
ii. Real-Time Media And Social Intelligence Analytics
Social media intelligence is critical to informing decisions. It offers scopes to build actionable insights sourced from social media data. The key idea is to derive data about consumer behavior and explore ways to serve them better.
However, the toolkit of social media intelligence analytics can be leveraged more broadly.
· One of the major use cases of real-time media and social intelligence analytics is crisis communication. It has already changed how the government reacts during the emergency. With an effective communication method during an emergency via social media, it can improve outreach during crisis, and avoid risks.
· Another use of social intelligence analytics is deriving information about citizen behavior and retrieving their feedback. This analysis can help offer future service delivery.
· Research and development can apply this technique as well to detect future product needs.
iii. Sentiment Analysis
Generally, sentiment analytics extracts textual data to confirm if it is positive, negative or neutral. Leveraging machine learning and the natural learning process, it assigns scores to different variables in a text.
The government can use sentiment analytics in combination with its organizations’ structured data to execute automated sentiment monitoring and analysis at local, provincial and state levels. The action would probably help them target the right people to deliver the message and respond to citizen’s complaints. In addition, using geo-fencing capabilities, organizations can target specific location-based citizens to solve their issues.
With a dashboard view of real-time information derived from the sentiment analysis, the government can improve response to critical events, and even dispatch faster resources if necessary.
iv. Social Media Bots
Social media bots are programmed automatically to promote engagement in social media. These bots are designed or engineered to mimic human intelligence or act in a more autonomous way.
There is a range of use cases of social media bots in the public sector.
· Social media bots can influence the results of elections. As per reports, before the presidential election in 2016 in the U.S, social media bots were responsible to prompt as much as 20% political decisions.
· It collects valuable information about citizens by providing real-time reports for analytics
· It is also used to influence financial market decisions. For example, it may be doing rounds on social media to spread bad or manufactured news about a corporation. This is done to influence stock market prices.
It is indeed crucial to put forth effective and efficient public services while allowing the best application of resources and expertise. AI so far can be leveraged to accomplish the purposes in the public sector as well. The time is just right to foster forward-thinking and bring about a change.
SynergyLabs, a dynamic and enthusiastic AI assistance provider that possesses high caliber skills can complement your business needs no matter how complex or simple they are. Get in touch to have a discussion.